Most laser vision corrections require a flap to be created at the side of the cornea. A laser is then used to change the contour of the cornea to provide better refraction of light for the patient. This can help a variety of eye problems like nearsightedness, astigmatism, and farsightedness. At the end of the procedure, the flap is put back in place and the patient is sent home to rest for the next 24 hours. Some people even get 20/20 eyesight immediately after laser vision correction.
• Reduced or no need for eyeglasses or contact lenses
• 96% of patients achieve full expected vision after healing
• No bandages or stitches needed
• Changes can be made after aging to continue corrected results
• Fast healing time
• Minimal discomfort
The VISX Star S4 IR is the only 3-D eye tracking system on the market. It keeps the laser level in three dimensions providing superior control during LASIK procedures. The ORBSCAN 2 provides surgeons with a complete multi-color topographic map of the eye while the TRS system from Marco is used to measure the degree of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism of a patient instead of manually asking the patient “what’s better, one or two”. The NIDEK EC 5000 follows the tiniest eye movements and gives patients optimal night and day vision. The wavefront CustomVue Lasik technology provides patients with a completely customized procedure based on their individual eye characteristics. The IntraLase iFS 150kHz is the newest, safest technology for creating the flap in the cornea. The precision, accuracy, and predictability of this femtosecond technology is unparalleled in the industry.
• Day of your LASIK vision correction: rest and nap as much as possible
• Day after your LASIK vision correction: improved eyesight, you may notice dry eyes, eyesight can be a little cloudy
• Week one after your LASIK vision correction: return to limited activities minus swimming, sauna use, and scuba diving
• Week two after your LASIK vision correction: return to normal activities
• Regular check-ups and continuous eye drop usage for several weeks up to six months
People in the New Jersey and New York areas can schedule a free consultation from the specialists at Manhattan Lasik Center ® to find out more information on laser vision correction and to see if you are a candidate. You can reach them at 212-759-9617.