Posted by: Manhattan LASIK Center
We often see questions from prospective patients about whether people can see LASIK scars, or if LASIK is noticeable? Seeing visible signs of the procedure are concerns people have when wanting to look his or her best. Permanent changes are important to LASIK patients, so we discuss the answer below.
Is LASIK noticeable?
The short answer is no. While immediately after your procedure, there are some differences in the cornea shape, most people cannot detect these alterations. The healing of the cornea is clear, so you do not have to worry about a visible scar on your eye. An eye exam by a specialist during your yearly checkup will uncover your secret, but the person next to you in the office will not be able to tell if you have a LASIK scar or not.
Benefits of LASIK
- Fewer headaches and allergy symptoms
- Increased peripheral vision and additional lines of sight
- Better night vision after full healing
- More freedom to splash in the pool or for your ball team to douse you with Gatorade after a winning game
- A better appearance improving your self-confidence and mood
- Ability to take part in jobs requiring excellent vision like pilots, first responders, and military professions
- Fast healing
- Low chance of complications
- Potential 20/20 vision
- Permanent results
- Acceptable for patients with astigmatism, hyperopia, and myopia
With five of the most advanced laser technologies and innovative surgical centers, you can count on our 20 years of experience to get exceptional, predictable results. Manhattan LASIK Center provides free consultations six days a week for our patients. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 212-759-9617. We have four convenient locations in Paramus and Edison in New Jersey, and Roslyn and Manhattan in New York ready to serve you on weekends, evenings, and your lunch break if you want.